Jordan in Rio

Monday, May 2, 2011

Week 3 RIO-Pão de Asucar

I had an amazing p day today... woke up at 6 went to one of our new missionaries physical therapies with him and then after this we went Pão de Asucar (sugar loaf) because we baptized this week and last week, and even better we got to go there in our real clothes!!! Oh yes! Well, jeans instead of shorts and we still needed our name tag, but it was still way cool. Because I was wearing my name tag I talked to a nice Utah Mormon family, it was soo cool, the mom use to live in Highland. Then after that we took a taxi and then we went to this market place, not the best. I got a real soccer Jersey off one of the new Brazilians in our house who plays professional soccer, pretty cool eh, he is way good at soccer! Then we went to McDonald's, doesn't sound too cool, but its not every day you get to eat a hamburger here in Brazil! Then we went back to our place and on our way here (where I am now) we got a guy who was a member that wanted his nephew to be baptized who was 22 and the nephew was down for it, what a awesome day eh?

We should move into a new apartment soon because the one we have now is horrible with mosquito's, my comp almost got elephantitis a couple transfers ago. and I have over 37 bites on just my right arm. I am a tasty person. Yesterday I got my hair cut just how I like it, #1 and #2 and the prez is OK with it, I am so happy! We had a baptism Wednesday, that was pretty cool. we found a family and they are probably going to get baptized, the best part is that they have a 15 year old girl and she is very popular and she loves the church like the rest of her family, but she also likes the American missionaries, so she is going to bring lots of friends to church next week, and then we will teach her friends family's too, pretty cool eh? That is how it is cool to be an American, it kind of sucks at times because today on p day everybody thinks I'm a tourist, and that I am rich, so there are at times problems with this; if only they knew I only got 120 reals every 2 weeks, equal to 48 bucks, not much for an American.

The new Brazilians are cool, one of them I already knew, he got transfered to the office because he has problems with his achilles tendon, and he has to go home at the end of this transfer, he is the professional soccer player, and he is awesome at teaching me things my other comp does not. We are both very peacuful people. The other Brazilian is cool too, he is a lil different, but oh well, he speaks good English from all his video games and TV, so that helps me a lot as well, because I am always learning new things and being able to speak more and more.

well I'll send you guys some pics of my day, hope all is well back home, and you all are jealous of me, have a wonderful day, and I cant wait to hear from all of you next week!