Jordan in Rio

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Letter from 5/23/2011

Hey Fam, I had a cool week. Monday my companion got permission to go into the mall so he went on a shopping spree and bought lots of things. I got a nice pair of shorts and some food. The rest of the day we were looking after a guy in our district who got sick, he had the same thing as I did but for 3 days. He lost 20 lbs and he was skinnier than me to begin with. We had a great stake conference with one of the area presidents. Lots of powerful talks given.

I am getting transferred tomorrow, I think the president is putting sisters in here because they are in a dangerous favella area right now, probably like the ones you saw on Fast 5. I don't really care where I am, there is on area that gets up to 50 (which is 122 for us)and it is super humid as well, with no wind; but if I have to go there I will because I am supposed to. Today I am just going to chill and finish packing, and eat and visit some of the members.

Yesterday I fed a little monkey smaller and uglier than Mushu and I was also playing with a parrot. One thing that I think will be strange when I get home is that I will feel like I need rice and beans with everything. Another thing different out here is the way they season food. They only use salt, not even pepper, and sometimes some lime on chicken. Every night people put their BBQ's out on the street nad cook....it smells sooooo good! Sometimes we eat something called x tudo's; it's a hamburger with egg, bacon, and ham and they have fry sauce and stuff to add to it, they are really good. The other night my companion ate 3 of them plus 700 ml acie,(no idea there-might be a typo?)crazy business. Well, not too much going on, looking forward to the next transfer. Till later, thanks for the picture of Khas.(note, Mom was in the picture with the dog but no mention of that).