Jordan in Rio

Monday, June 6, 2011

Letter from June 6, 2011


Todays letter had some photos so I thought I would include some of them in here along with the message. So....This week has been work, work, and more work with little results, but I wouldn't trade it for the world-we are sensing some serious potential coming up this coming week! We should have people to teach under our belts.
Our bishop here is one cool cat in my opinion, he has his ward run like a military unit, it is the most organized ward I have seen in my life! This guy read the manual and I am pretty sure that he has read mine more then I have as well. This past Sunday our ward mission leader hadn't done a whole lot with us and the bishop straightened that up and now we should be having a better experience with him. He told the EQPresident to give us a division with a member each day, then he went with us to elders quarum and helped set up those divisions for us. He first asked for volunteers and when that didn't work out He started calling on people and said, "You, I know for a fact you have time on this day and can go on a division with the missionaries..." He is really willing to help us out with whatever problems we have. He understands how the church works and uses the organization in a good way.
We might finally get a house to stay at soon, we found one yesterday and will probably look at it tomorrow, so I hope it works out. We taught an amazing lesson yesterday, the restoration is such an amazing thing and there are so many different ways to talk about it, I have been very bold lately when I talk with people. I never did that at home but if something is not right here I will point it out with straight up facts and all doctrine. I don't know, it was just very different then I use to do things, maybe because I do a different type of teaching here. I was pondering this concept this morning when I was doing my personal study and I came across 2 Nephi 1:26-27.
I read that and was kind of blown away and now I know that is was the right thing so I guess I am doing what I am supposed to do out here.